The radiology directorate provides a diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic service for its local population, and a tertiary service for the region.
The General radiology department is responsible for the majority of plain films taken throughout the hospital. It is located in the outpatient area of Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Plain films include chest X-rays, X-rays for trauma (suspected broken bones), for accident and emergency work and for patients referred direct to the department by their general practitioners (GPs). This department also images patients referred by outpatient clinics.
In the general radiology department, patients from clinics are seen on a 'demand basis', so there might be a waiting time depending on how busy the department is at the time. Patients referred in by GPs are imaged at appointment times. Different rooms are specialised for different examinations. This department has a large waiting room and friendly reception area, so the wait for X-rays should be in comfortable surroundings.
We provide services to:
- X-ray (01223 216270)
- Flouoroscopy suite (01223 216532)
- Angiography department (01223 348920)
- Ultrasound (01223 216455)
- Computed tomography (CT) department (01223 217426)
- Nuclear medicine (01223 217145)
- Cambridge Breast Unit (01223 217627)
- MRI department (01223 216667
- Radiology provides other services to departments at CUH including to the dental department, the wards and the operating theatres.