Cookies are small text files of information automatically downloaded by your computer or mobile phone when you visit our site.
What is a cookie?
Here’s why cookies are good
Small pieces of information can make a big difference to how we design our site for you. Imagine if data gathered by cookies showed us that 80% of Torchbox visitors look at our site on their mobile phone. Insights like that can help us focus our energy on making a better mobile version for you.
Which cookies do we use?
CUH cookies (first party)
Our cookies come from Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics is widely used across the web to understand things such as which pages you arrive at, how you navigate around the site, and which kind of device you are using. To do this, Google collects individuals’ anonymised data and stitches it all together to create a big picture. All this data helps us make improvements to your experience. Find out more about Google Analytics cookies.
Other sites’ cookies (third party)
Take a look at their privacy policies in more detail here:
Want to know the exact cookies we use?
Here’s a handy section highlighting some of the first-party cookies stored on your device by browsing our site. Take a look at what data they collect and why.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use this website, such as which pages you have visited and the browser that you used. We don't allow Google to use or share our analytics data and we mask IP addresses. To find out more, please go to Google Analytics: Safeguarding your data.
Why are we telling you all this?
Although your data is made anonymous to keep it safe, with all websites there is a risk, however small, that someone will try to maliciously steal information. We believe that cookies pose little threat to your privacy. But ultimately, we understand that you may still want to opt-out and turn off cookies.
How to turn off cookies
To delete or block existing cookies, click the relevant link to the browser you are using and follow the instructions.
It is worth noting that refusing cookies may impact your experience of using our website. But it’s entirely up to you.
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookies settings in Safari web and iOS
- Cookies settings in Firefox
- Cookies settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookies settings in Microsoft Edge
- Cookies settings in Opera
To opt out of Google Analytics tracking across all websites, you need to download a browser add-on.
I have turned cookies off and am having problems
If after changing your browser settings you do experience difficulties in using our website, please get in touch.