As an NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge University Hospitals is able to develop services to suit the needs of our local community. We are still part of the NHS family, subject to NHS quality standards, performance ratings and systems of inspection and we will continue to provide services free, based on need and not ability to pay. But as a Foundation Trust we are much more accountable to staff, patients and local people through a membership and an elected Council of Governors, which work closely with the Trust’s Board of Directors to influence decision-making and strategic planning.
Could you be a voice for your local community and help create better services at your local hospitals?
Become a member of our CUH Foundation Trust and help create better healthcare services to make a difference to patient care.
What does it mean to be a member?
Our members care about the services we provide, how we are performing and our future plans. Your views will help us create a brighter future for everyone’s healthcare and experience.
As a member, you can:
Make a difference:
- Attend listening sessions to provide feedback on our services (sessions are currently being held via Zoom due to the covid restrictions)
- Help us improve our hospital environments by taking part in activities such as Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE)
Have a voice:
- The opportunity to stand for election as a Public or Patient Governor to represent our members’ views and needs or vote in the annual elections for the Council of Governors
Receive regular information and updates:
- Information on the performance of the Trust
- Invitations to take part in forums, focus groups and other activities
- Invitations to our Medicine for Members lectures and other events held across the Trust
- Insights into our hospitals, including staff stories
- The latest research, treatments and developments
- Health Service Discounts which are usually exclusively offered to NHS employees
The CUH Foundation Trust needs your support to influence continuous improvements for our hospitals to meet the needs of our local communities. If you are 16 and over, a patient, carer or a member of the public who lives in the public membership area, then sign up today to become a CUH Foundation Trust member!
If you have you any queries or would like to know more, contact the Membership Office on 01223 256 256 or email: email@example.com
You can write to the membership office at the following address:
NHS Foundation Trust Membership Office Box 146, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Hills Road Cambridge CB2 0QQ