Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust (ACT) is dedicated to supporting innovation in patient care at Addenbrooke's and Rosie hospitals.
Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust (ACT)
We are very lucky to have the support of our own charity – Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (ACT) (opens in a new tab) –which helps make a difference for patients by raising extra funds to enhance services, facilities and research at Addenbrooke’s and The Rosie. Your donations help the brilliant teams at Addenbrooke’s develop the innovative ideas that will make our great hospital even better.
Making use of the funds raised by ACT allows us to achieve some things sooner than we would otherwise, meaning we can provide a level of patient care beyond that which can be delivered by NHS funding alone. Charitable donations fund high-tech equipment, specialist staff, extra comforts and vital research to find potential cures and help save lives locally, nationally and worldwide.
Any amount you can donate will help to make a difference…
During the COVID pandemic, generous supporters helped us raise £1million into COVID-19 research. We were also able to buy:
- iPads to help patients communicate with staff and family
- Psychological and counselling support for staff
- Research into staff testing to see who is at greater risk of COVID-19 (opens in a new tab)
- A speedy test for children with chest infections to see if they have COVID-19
- Testing the effectiveness of existing medicines to treat COVID-19
- Healthy snacks, toiletries and comforts for frontline staff (opens in a new tab)
- Single-use activity packs for children visiting A&E.
Thanks to kind donations we have also been able to buy:
- A fourth incubator trolley, helping to save the lives of more critically ill babies
- A liver perfusion machine meaning that surgeons can ‘test drive’ livers to assess their functionality before transplanting them into patients
- A cone beam CT scanner allowing high-quality 3D images to be used to better plan surgery, reduce theatre time and reduce time between diagnosis and surgery
- Items such as an inflatable replica MRI scanner for Children’s Services, which is now helping 1,200 children a year conquer their fears in a relaxed environment, resulting in improved success rates and a reduction in the need for anaesthesia and much more…
Want to get involved? There are many ways that you can lend your support to help make Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie even better. From donating (opens in a new tab) to fundraising (opens in a new tab), the possibilities are endless!
Visit the Help Your Hospital website (opens in a new tab) to find out more about how your ongoing support can save lives.