The Emmeline Centre (based at Addenbrooke’s Hospital) is a specialist Hearing Implant Centre in East Anglia, serving patients in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and Bedfordshire.
Our services are delivered by a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team, including professionals from Audiology, ENT, Speech and Language Therapy, Specialist Education, Psychology and Medical Physics.
We provide surgically implanted hearing technology to both adults and children. Hearing implants require a unique combination of hearing technology, surgical care and long-term support which is provided by our multi-disciplinary team.
Our facilities offer up-to-date medical and scientific techniques. Support and resources are delivered by highly experienced staff and we provide lifelong support for our patients.
Meet the Emmeline Centre team
- Judith Bird
- Nikki Barnard
- Luke Greenaway
- Nasiphi Unwin
- Nathan Ives
- Saffron Boreham
- Karen Ennew
- Polly Murray
Paediatric rehabilitation team
- Gayle Leeson - Lead rehabilitationist, Teacher of the deaf
- Debbie Edwards - Speech and language therapist (paediatric and adult team)
- Anna Lowe - Teacher of the deaf
- Chelsea Shamis - Speech and language therapist
- Charlotte Brown - Speech and language therapist
- Kay Lyons - Speech and language therapy assistant (paediatric and adult team)
- Lydia Humphreys - Speech and language therapist
- Olivia Kerrigan - Speech and language therapist
- Rachel White - Speech and language therapist
Adult rehabilitation team
- Amanda Compton-Cook - Speech and language therapist
- Naomi Box - Speech and language therapist
- Nicola Clarke - Speech and language therapist
- Sue Parker - Teacher of the deaf
- Deborah Azange
- Deepa John
- Foysal Amin
- Hannah Ellis
- Linda Logan
Attend Anywhere video consultation
Did you know your outpatient appointment for this service may now be done by video consultation using Attend Anywhere. This enables you to be able to attend your appointment from home, saving you time and money.
Non-urgent advice: I need to cancel an appointment
If you are unable to attend an appointment for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Failure to attend appointments may delay your treatment, and could result in discharge.
We do not operate a drop-in service. If you wish to come in, please contact us first. We are not able to see you without an appointment.
Consultant ENT and skull base surgeon
Mr Matthew Smith
Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon
Mr Daniele Borsetto
Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant
Ms Charlotte Brown
Hearing Rehabilitationist / Speech and Language Therapist, Emmeline Centre
Speech and Language Therapist / Hearing Rehabilitationist