Lost or damaged hearing aids and earmoulds

Your hearing aid is a valuable and delicate instrument, please treat it with the utmost care. NHS hearing aids and earmoulds are provided on loan to people with a hearing impairment and remain NHS property.

If your hearing aid or ear mould is lost or damaged, please contact the audiology department. You may be charged to replace the lost or damaged hearing aid. The lost/damaged aid panel will decide if you will be charged, as you may be exempt. There is a standard fee of £65 per aid.

You have the right to appeal against any possible charge. Appeals must be made in writing, to the appeals committee, via the Head of Audiology, or verbally via the PALS office, who will make a record of the appeal and forward it by e-mail to the Head of Audiology.

The following minimum information is required for the appeals committee to consider each case;

  • The circumstance of the loss.
  • The age of the hearing aid.
  • The number of previous lost hearing aids.

The panel will write informing you of their decision. If the decision is made to apply the charge, you will receive an invoice from the Trust's invoicing department.

Address for appeal letters:

Box 94
Addenbrooke’s Hospital
Hills Road

Show on hub page: