These links contain useful and relevant information about Addenbrookes Hospital, The Network and General information on cleft lip and palate.
- CLAPA - The Cleft Lip and Palate Association
- CamSmile - East of England regional cleft charity
- Operation Smile - Global cleft charity
- Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust - Addenbrooke's charity
- CRANE - Cleft Registration and Audit Network
- Cleft Collective - Study of causes, treatment and impact of cleft lip and palate
- NHS Choices - NHS information on cleft lip and palate
- Max Appeal - Supporting families affected by DiGeorge Syndrome, VCFS and 22q11.2 deletion
An introduction to the Palate Investigation Clinic for young children.
In this video the palate lifts to close the gap between the mouth and the nasal cavity. This prevents air from escaping out of the nose during normal speech.
In this video the palate lifts but doesn't close the gap between the mouth and nasal cavity. Air escapes from the nose during normal speech.
This video is a very rough demonstration of increasing the length of the palate with a buccal flap operation. In this operation a flap of tissue is taken from the cheek and placed in between the hard and soft palate.
This video is a very rough demonstration of reducing the gap between the palate and the pharyngeal wall with a pharygoplasty operation.