The team provides a comprehensive service to our hospitals through a range of expert advice and support, operational services, HR strategies, policies and procedures that meet or exceed best practice.
The directorate is represented at the board and led by David Wherrett, Director of Workforce and supported by a senior HR team responsible for HR strategy and operational services.
This service provides expert advice on employee relations issues, organisational change, workforce planning and development provided by a small team of OD Managers to the clinical divisions and corporate areas
An advice and support service to managers and staff, provided by a small team of HR Advisers it is available Monday to Friday as well access to a 24/7 e-HR Consult information page covering all aspects employment
This service provides a comprehensive central recruitment service (non medical) to managers and candidates ensuring safe recruitment practices are in place.
To find out more about the different careers available in our hospitals, visit CUH Careers.
- Policy: Working with Staff Side to ensure a range of policies in place to meet legislation and best practice
- Equality & Diversity Ensuring the Trust meets its responsibilities as well as acting as an exemplar for best practice including co-ordination of E & D Steering Group and E & D Staff Group and external networking & corporate compliance and putting in place interventions/support to divisions. Ensures HR evidence in place to meet national, regional and local Standards (NHSLA, CQC)
- e-HR Consult: Servicing e-HR Consult; its maintenance and developments
Learning and development
- Care team: Orientation and training of health care assistants and health care support workers
- Employee development: provide a wide range of training to managers and staff including co-ordination of mandatory training
- Work opportunities: provision of Apprenticeship/Cadet programmes, including support to participants, mentors and managers; liaison with schools/colleges, work experience co-ordination and widening access initiatives
- Leadership and management development: Provision of a range of programmes and interventions for supervisors and managers
Provision of Trust’s workforce information including maintenance and development of the electronic staff register (ESR), Workforce CHQS database and reports for managers and KPI reporting for Board and Divisions/Corporate
Provides a full support service to all medical staff in the Trust.
Staff engagement and benefits
- Co-ordination of Trust staff engagement tool and Annual staff survey
- Staff Award schemes
- Benefit schemes including Salary Sacrifice schemes
- Ensuring provision of day nurseries & playschemes
- Childcare Voucher scheme (tax efficient scheme)
Occupational health and wellbeing
Provides a wide range of services in our hospitals as well as the provision of an occupational health service to external organisations/businesses.
Visit the Occupational health and wellbeing website for more information.