Addenbrooke's Hospital Children’s Epilepsy Nursing Service
Addenbrooke's Hospital children’s epilepsy nursing service offers help, support and information on all aspects of epilepsy.
This service aims to:
- Offer help, support and information for people who have been diagnosed with epilepsy; also to their families, carers and friends.
- Provide a link between the hospital and the community.
- Act as a resource in the hospital and community.
- Liaise between patients and doctors on medication queries
- Support transition to adult services.
- Provide support, training and advice to the families and carers of children on the ketogenic diet.
- Provide support, training and advice to the families and carers of children with a Vagal Nerve Stimulator.
- The service follows the recommendations of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2012) and the Eastern Paediatric Epilepsy Network (EPEN).
If you have any concerns or queries about your epilepsy, please contact us on 01223 216662 or Epilepsy Action 0808 800 5050
If you have any questions regarding the ketogenic diet, you could also contact Matthews Friends 01342 836571
For help with questions about medication
Children’s Epilepsy Services
Child Development Centre
Box 107 Addenbrooke’s Hospital
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QQ
Reception Tel: 01223 216662
Answer Phone: Epilepsy nurses
Zoya Dowd 01223 586618
Janet Hill 01223 216805
In the office between 08:30 – 09:30 each day to receive calls
Please note we are not an emergency service. Call 999 in an emergency.
At evenings and weekends please call your out of hours GP, or NHS 111. Your local epilepsy nurse specialist may be able to offer advice and a more local service.
We are smoke-free
Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the hospital campus. For advice and support in quitting, contact your GP or the free NHS stop smoking helpline on 0800 169 0 169.
Help accessing this information in other formats is available. To find out more about the services we provide, please visit our patient information help page (see link below) or telephone 01223 256998. www.cuh.nhs.uk/contact-us/accessible-information/
Cambridge University Hospitals
NHS Foundation Trust
Hills Road, Cambridge
Telephone +44 (0)1223 245151