There are dietetic outpatient clinics for patients attending general medicine, gastroenterology, metabolic, obesity and paediatric outpatient clinics.
Dietitians work alongside consultants in a number of specialist clinics:
- Diabetes, obesity and endocrine specialist dietitians – manage patients with diabetes, obesity and other endocrine conditions.
- Cardiology specialist dietitians – manage patients with cardiac problems.
- Metabolic specialist dietitians –manage patients with metabolic conditions.
- Paediatric specialist dietitians – are based on the neonatal, oncology, diabetic, ketogenic, gastroenterology, cystic fibrosis and metabolic clinics.
- Renal specialist dietitians – are involved in conservative management of kidney disease, renal transplant, haemodialysis unit and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) clinics.
- Liver specialist dietitians – support patients with liver disease and following a liver transplant.
- Gastroenterology clinics – specific clinics for people with coeliac disease, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or Inflammatory Bowel Disease (UC and Crohn’s disease), joint enteral feeding and gastroenterology patients.
- Oncology dietitians – manage patients with head and neck cancer, maxillo-facial outpatients and follow ups from general surgery.
Dietitians working at Addenbrooke's also provide outpatient services to clinical oncology, the child development centre (CDC) and clinic 1A (genito-urinary and sexual health) and carry out domiciliary visits for patients receiving home enteral nutrition.
Services are also provided to:
- Home total parenteral nutrition (TPN) clinic
- Meldreth Manor School
- Cardiac rehabilitation programme