Part of East Anglian Medical Genetics Service.
Our highly-skilled multidisciplinary team of doctors, genetic counsellors and clinical scientists provide individuals and families with:
- Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of genetic disorders
- Risk assessment and genetic counselling for patients who have a family history of an inherited disorder or a family cancer syndrome
- Predictive genetic testing including prenatal diagnosis for some genetic disorders.
The Clinical Genetics service is supported by a dedicated team of secretarial and administrative staff who will help to arrange your appointment.
Non-urgent advice: Service information
The genetics team can answer referred persons questions about a genetic condition affecting them or other members of their family.
- Familial cancer guidelines
- Genetic counselling
- Family history forms and confirmations
- Genetic testing for breast and ovarian cancer (BRCA1 and BRCA2)
- Cystic Fibrosis adult carrier testing
- The on call system
- Frequently asked questions
- Patient information leaflets