Part of East Anglian Medical Genetics Service.
Attend Anywhere video consultation
Did you know your outpatient appointment for this service may now be done by video consultation using Attend Anywhere. This enables you to be able to attend your appointment from home, saving you time and money.
Our highly-skilled multidisciplinary team of doctors, genetic counsellors and clinical scientists provide individuals and families with:
- Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of genetic disorders
- Risk assessment and genetic counselling for patients who have a family history of an inherited disorder or a family cancer syndrome
- Predictive genetic testing including prenatal diagnosis for some genetic disorders.
The Clinical Genetics service is supported by a dedicated team of secretarial and administrative staff who will help to arrange your appointment.
Non-urgent advice: Service information
The genetics team can answer referred persons questions about a genetic condition affecting them or other members of their family.
- Familial cancer guidelines
- Genetic counselling
- Family history forms and confirmations
- Genetic testing for breast and ovarian cancer (BRCA1 and BRCA2)
- Cystic Fibrosis adult carrier testing
- The on call system
- Frequently asked questions
- Patient information leaflets
STP trainee genetic counsellor
Professor Evan Reid
Professor of neurogenetics and molecular neurobiology at the department of clinical genetics
Dr Alexander Ross
Honorary specialty registrar and NIHR academic clinical fellow in medical genetics
Dr Sarju Mehta
Consultant in clinical genetics