Clinic 21 sees women with underlying medical conditions or who develop complications with their pregnancy, they are usually seen by an obstetrician and/or midwife.
Attend Anywhere video consultation
Did you know your outpatient appointment for this service may now be done by video consultation using Attend Anywhere. This enables you to be able to attend your appointment from home, saving you time and money.
About clinic 21
Clinic 21 provides a multitude of specialities under Women’s Health services with both Consultant-led and Nurse/Midwife-led clinics as well as an in-house Phlebotomy department.
Gynaecology services include Pregnancy Advisory Service, Reproductive medicine and Urogynaecology with both Consultant-led and Nurse-led clinics. Diagnostic services include Hysteroscopy, Myosure and Novasure.
Clinic 21 has an accredited Endometriosis Service which provides multi-professional care for the surgical management of women with severe and complex endometriosis. We have a dedicated Clinical Nurse Specialist to provide holistic care for service users.
There is also an accredited service for Uro-gynaecology providing multi-professional care for the management of women with incontinence, prolapses, postnatal trauma with specialised input from the Consultants, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Physiotherapists. Diagnostic services including Cystoscopy and Urodynamics.
Gynae-oncology services include Colposcopy, Hysteroscopy and Myosure diagnostic services with both Consultant-led and Clinical Nurse Specialist-led clinics.
Antenatal services for pregnancy are provided by antenatal clinic midwives and maternity support workers and obstetric teams who will see patients on their first consultant visit, as well as others listed below.
- Booking clinic - Wednesdays and Fridays (to book a pregnancy at the Rosie for patients living out of the Cambridge area)
- Blood tests
- Anti D injections
- Pre-op appointment prior to elective caesarean section - Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- If a woman or birthing person’s BMI is above 40, they will be seen by a midwife after their appointment with the anaesthetist to give advice on tissue viability and avoiding pressure ulcers.
The phlebotomy department is located within Rosie outpatients and is open from 08:30 - 17:30 Monday - Thursday and 08:30 - 16:30 on Fridays.
Consultants hold clinics every week day. Patients may be seen for a variety of reasons depending on their general health, pregnancy and medical history. Regular clinics include:
- Diabetic clinic - Tuesdays
- Twins clinic - Thursdays
- Anaesthetist clinic - Tuesdays (you may be asked to attend this clinic if you have any spinal problems, raised BMI or any history of problems with anaesthesia)
- Substance misuse clinic – Thursdays
How to find us
Clinic 21 is on the ground floor of the Rosie hospital, opposite the ultrasound department. Head straight through the Rosie reception area, past the Pavilion café and follow the signs to clinic 21, which is on the right.