The Trust has in place a range of discounted tickets for patients and visitors to ensure a fair and reasonable charge is paid to park on our campus.
Full details on all discounted ticket prices can be found on entry to the car park, at the pay stations and at our customer service desks situated in the car parks.
To qualify for discounted parking, proof of an appointment will be required. Appointment letters, booking cards and car park tickets signed by the clinic or department, will all be accepted as proof. Please note, without proof the car park operators may not approve a discount.
Non-urgent advice: Disabled parking
Blue Badge holders attending the hospital as a patient or visitor will be eligible to receive free parking for the duration of their stay. The offer of free parking will only apply where a valid blue badge is shown as proof of eligibility.
Short-stay disabled car parking spaces
Long-stay disabled car parking spaces
Blue Badge holders parking for more than four hours should use the long-stay disabled spaces available in car parks 1 and 2, which again permit free parking.
Please allow enough time to park and make your way to your appointment.
Frequent outpatients attendees
Free parking will be provided to all outpatients who attend the hospital for an appointment on a frequent basis. This ticket is valid for attendance of two or more appointments in a single 7-day period. Appointment letters, booking cards and car park tickets signed by the clinic or department, will be accepted as proof of attendance.
Parents of sick children staying overnight
Parents or guardians of a child or young person, under 18 years of age, who are admitted as an inpatient at the hospital staying overnight, will be offered free parking, between the hours of 7.30pm and 8am while visiting the child. This will apply to a maximum of two vehicles only.
If you receive benefits
On proof of certain benefits, you may be able to claim back your travel expenses and car parking cost through the Healthcare Travel Cost Scheme.
For full Information and advice, please speak to the staff at the Outpatients main reception desk.
To obtain any concession for parking, take your car park entry ticket to the customer service desks, which are located on ground level in both car parks 1 and 2.
If you are claiming a concession, please do so at the time of your visit.
Please note that the pay machines accept both cash and credit card payments.
- Outpatients, day surgery and emergency patients - £4.10 for any 24 hour period
- Patients receiving treatment for two or more consecutive days – Free parking for up to seven days
- Frequent visitors - £22.50 for up to seven days, or £37.50 for up to 14 days
- Carers - Discounted parking can be given upon production of a carer’s passport, find out more here.
- If you have a seven or 14 day ticket, pay for the ticket at the pay machine and then keep and use this ticket each time you enter and exit the car park for the designated period.
- Patient and frequent visitors’ tickets can only be used in the car park of origin.
- All discounts must be claimed at the time of your visit.
- Car parking refunds are not offered once the fee has been paid.