All patients have access to Hospedia's easy to use bedside system, giving access to telephone, films and basic internet service.
Our bedside terminal provider, Hospedia, has changed some of their pricing for services;
- Outbound calls are free (but limited for calls to mobiles)
- Outbound landline calls to 01/02/03 numbers are free and unlimited.
- Calls to mobiles are free, but capped at 2 minutes, with no limit on the number of times each mobile number is called.
- Inbound calls to patients from relatives will incur costs.
If a person calls a patient from a landline or mobile, Hospedia charges 13p per minute to cover the cost of running the service. However, the person calling may be charged up to 78p per minute because your network operator charges up to 65p per minute. Hospedia never receives more than 13p per minute.
Free radio services
- Our hospital radio - Radio Addenbrooke's
- BBC Radio 1
- BBC Radio 2
- BBC Radio 3
- BBC Radio 4
Channels 1 – 5 are free from 6am to 12 midday daily with no requirement for the patient to register. Patients can then pay for a range of “on demand” services should they wish to utilise this facility.
A list of additional TV products available for purchase is shown below:
- TV only package 1 day £7.90
- TV only package 3 days £19.90
- TV only package 7 days £34.90
- TV. Movies & more 1 day for £9.90
- TV, Movies & more 3 day for £24.90
- TV, Movies & more 7 day for £39.90
- TV, Movies & More 14 days for £49.90
- TV, Movies & More 30 days for £59.90
- BT Sport 1 day for £10.90
- BT Sport 3 day for £25.90
- Audio Books – 1 day for £5.00
- Audio Books – 3 days for £10.00
- Audio Books – 5 day for £15.00
- Audio Books – 7 day for £17.50
Please note: it is not possible to make international telephone calls from Hospedia's bedside system. There are public pay telephones situated in the main concourse.
If you are expecting calls from your family from overseas, Hospedia cannot accept these calls. However, if they contact our main Customer Care Centre direct on 0345 414 1234 and they would be able to assist with manually transferring the call.
Payment is only by cash. No vending machines are available to use as these were powered down last March due to the pandemic as these are touchscreen
- Near ward A3
- Main concourse
- C&D lifts on level 2
- Rosie level 2 on the corridor between the Rosie Hospital and ATC,
- Near ward L
To pay by credit card at the bedside simply:
- pick up the phone and press the customer care team icon on screen and they will be happy to help
If you wish to buy credit for yourself or for someone in hospital from home, call the customer care team on 0345 414 1234.