The resuscitation services department provides training and specialist advice on resuscitation matters throughout CUH.
Our key responsibilities are to:
- Provide expert and specialist advice relating to resuscitation and peri-arrest situations.
- Attend cardiac arrest calls wherever possible within the Trust to support staff members and to ensure good practice.
- Follow up / investigate resuscitation related incidents
- Provide resuscitation training for all groups of staff who require it.
- Develop and update appropriate policies.
- Provide advice on equipment requirements in clinical areas.
- Monitor standards and adherence to resuscitation related policies by conducting spot checks and audits.
- Jackie Cort-Monk - Resuscitation services lead
This year for 'Restart a Heart Day 2023' we are partnering with the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST), East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) and MAGPAS Air Ambulance to provide FREE training to our local community in CPR, defibrillation and choking.