The Cambridge lupus and vasculitis service cares for approximately 2,000 patients with lupus, vasculitis and other multisystem autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases. We receive referrals from general practitioners and other hospitals across the UK.
This specialist clinic is staffed by kidney, respiratory, ear nose and throat and rheumatology consultants as well as a team of clinical nurse specialists.
The clinic team work closely with specialists from cardiology, immunology, neurology, obstetrics, ophthalmology, paediatrics, and radiology to facilitate a high level of care for patients with various different organ systems affected by these complex conditions. The team also support regional multi-disciplinary team meetings in rheumatology and kidney diseases through regular video conferencing.
Approximately 50% of our patients come from the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough area and 50% come from other areas of the UK.
We have an active clinical research programme and patients attending the clinic maybe invited to participate in research studies.
Meet the team
- David Jayne
- Rachel Jones
- Lisa Willcocks
- Rona Smith
- Andreas Kronbichler
- Eoin McKinney
- Sapna Trivedi
- Pasupathy Sivasothy
- Marcos Martinez del Pero
- Matthew Coates
- Michael Xu Chen
- Dominic McGovern
- Jonathan Bleasel
- Stella Burns - Vasculitis
- Luca D’Agnano - Vasculitis
- Jane Hollis - Lupus
- Hugo Tordesillas - Lupus
- Carlotta Soave - Glomerulonephritis
- Anna Mayhew - Infusion centre
- Paul Boraks - Plasma exchange
Further information and support groups
For healthcare professionals
Further information and working groups
- UK and Ireland Vasculitis Rare Disease Group ‘UKIVAS’
- European Vasculitis Society ‘EUVAS’
- Rare Renal Rare Disease Group
- UK Kidney Research Consortium Glomerulonephritis Clinical Study Group
Regional multidisciplinary team meetings for complex case discussion
- Eastern Network for Rare Autoimmune Disease ‘ENRAD’
- Eastern Network for Kidney Inflammatory Disease ‘ENKID’
- East of England Severe Asthma Network
- East of England Immunoglobulin Assessment Panel