CUH Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre is the comprehensive care centre for the East of England. It is internationally renowned for its services and participation in research.
It is dedicated to providing specialist care locally, regionally and nationally to adults, children and their families diagnosed with Haemophilia A, Haemophilia B, Von Willebrands Disease, acquired haemophilia and other rare forms of inherited clotting disorders.
We provide a specialist comprehensive range of clinical, laboratory, support and advisory services to patients and their families including other healthcare professionals within the hospital, inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
The aim of the service is to enable patients with haemophilia and other clotting disorders to live as normal a life as possible, by ensuring optimal treatment of their medical, physical and psychosocial needs including management of their lifelong disorder.
Our services include:
- emergency treatment of bleeds
- regular assessments, reviews and screening
- dedicated specialist adult and paediatric nurses
- genetic testing and counselling
- investigation of patients with bleeding disorders
- educational support for patients and carers
- support and counselling
- information and advice for health care professionals, employers and schools
- participation in clinical research
- specialist haemostasis laboratory
- home delivery services
Monday to Friday 08.30 to 16.30
Adult haemophilia clinics
Monday and Tuesday 9.30am - 12.30pm
Paediatric haemophilia clinic
Wednesday 9.30 – 12.30
To change an appointment
If you cannot attend your clinic appointment, please call us in advance so we can offer the appointment to another patient.
Tel: 01223 256059
Emergency Out of Hours
Outside office hours, on weekends or public holidays.
Tel: 01223 245151 (switchboard)
Ask to speak to the Specialist Haematology Registrar on call.