We are a multidisciplinary team that includes doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and administrative staff. We provide over 2000 outpatient appointments each year and perform over 400 operations each year.
Non-urgent advice: Our services
We perform all aspects of limb surgery on children. We treat a wide range of children’s orthopaedic conditions from shoulders to toes. These include:
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH)
- Perthes Disease of the hip
- Slipped upper femoral epiphysis (SUFE)
- Congenital talipes equinovarus (CTEV) or clubfoot
- Joint problems resulting from underlying neuromuscular conditions
- Limb length inequality and deformity
- Bone and joint infections
We perform a comprehensive assessment of each child and formulate a management plan. Management may be non-operative (such as physiotherapy or referral for an orthotic device) or operative (surgery advised).
We work closely with other paediatric teams at Addenbrooke’s Hospital including Rheumatology, Neurology, Anaesthetics and Genetics.