The Addenbrooke's Cancer Patient Partnership Group (CPPG) is a group of patients and carers who work with hospital staff to improve cancer services by sharing the patients’ views and raising concerns on their behalf.
The CPPG was a finalist in two categories for the Patient Experience Network National Awards 20-21. Judges said, ‘Really good to see the cultural shift from patient group to co-production; results achieved are impressive and impactful on patients’ lives; great resources prepared for staff; well done all.’
With staff, the group champions co-production: patients and staff working together to plan, develop and improve services.
A few of the CPPG’s projects include:
- Working with staff to design the new Cambridge Cancer Research Hospital
- Working with staff to ask for, record and use a patient’s preferred name
- Developing a new leaflet and written information for patients with an urgent GP referral
- Working with staff on the Oncology Outpatients refurbishment
- Participating in the Trust Reader Panel to improve patient information leaflets
- Putting together information on patient buddy schemes to share with patients and staff
- Developing a tip sheet for patients having telephone or video appointments.
- Developing a guide for clinicians to write their clinic letters directly to patients, copy to GP, rather than the other way around.
The CPPG produces a bulletin 3-4 times per year. See below for the latest copy.
A copy of their annual report for 2021/22 can be found below.
Watch a five minute video about the CPPG and co-production within Addenbrooke’s Cancer Services.
The CPPG is always looking for new members to help improve cancer services. Members can be involved at a level of activity that suits them and can give their input via email, telephone or in person at meetings and workshops. There’s no regular commitment or requirement to come to meetings. We are keen to welcome representatives from LGBT+, BAME and Armed Forces communities to ensure we have a diverse group of voices.
To register your interest in the CPPG please complete this short form here.
Learn more about current CPPG Committee members here.
For more information, contact:
Gina Edwards, Macmillan Co-Production Lead, 07729 105550