Ambulatory care is same day emergency care. Our ambulatory care unit focuses on treating various conditions that would usually have warranted hospital admission. We offer easy access to diagnostic tests, hospital consultants and specialist staff in one place.
Information for patients
Upon arrival, your details will be checked by one of our nursing staff, and an initial assessment performed. Some tests will be carried out prior to seeing a doctor and these may include
- blood pressure
- pulse and temperature
- heart tracing (ECG)
- finger prick test for blood sugar
- urine sample
- chest X‐Ray
- blood samples taken from a needle inserted into a vein in your arm
- CT scan
How to find us
The ambulatory care unit is located on level 3 of the hospital in EAU3.
From the main entrance
- Please follow the signs to all wards and departments.
- Walk through the concourse with the hairdressers on your left turn left on the corridor.
- Walk to the end of the corridor and take the lift to the 3rd floor.
- The Ambulatory Care unit is approx. 20 metres ahead and on the right hand side
From the outpatient entrance
- Follow the signs towards the main hospital and concourse.
- Continue along the corridor until the corridor bends to the right.
- On your right hand side there is a lift.
- Take the lift to the 3rd floor.
- The Ambulatory Care unit is approx. 20 metres ahead and on the right hand side.
AccessAble - EAU 3
AccessAble helps inform you about the accessible facilities that are available at CUH, featuring relevant information about our hospital's to help you make an informed decision when deciding to visit the area.