Are you a CUH employee with ideas on how to improve patient care? Would you like help to identify, filter and prioritise unmet clinical needs in your area?
- IDEA* - Idea or problem area submitted from staff member, CEI gather further information.
- EXPLORE - Explore project options followed by concepts, prototyping & establish funding routes.
- MANUFACTURE - Test and finalise designs then set-up manufacture methods.
- IMPLEMENT - Clinical implementation of product & commercialisation options assessed.
* http://connect2/article/740/Clinical-Engineering-Innovation (CUH staff using Trust Computers only)
Are you a medical technology company or consultancy looking to find a clinical expert to work with, or independent review of ideas you are developing?
- ENQUIRY - We will arrange an initial meeting to discuss your needs, timescales and budgets.
- PROPOSAL - Project feasibility will be assessed, if achievable a proposal will be put together.
- DELIVER - On agreement from both parties we will arrange visits, interviews, and reviews.
- FEEDBACK - Once finished we would love to get your feedback on the service we have provided.
Non-urgent advice: Examples of projects we have done with external clients include
- Clinical insight visits: visiting a specific clinical area, with a focus on the technology of interest.
- Clinical insight interviews: a set of interviews with a range of relevant clinical and technical colleagues to discuss a technical or clinical area in detail.
- Simulation Space provision: access to our dedicated simulation centre, complete with both high and low fidelity mannequins, recording equipment and observation space.