The East of England Immunoglobulin Assessment Panel (EoEIAP) is hosted by Cambridge University Hospitals. All treatment with immunoglobulins is subject to review or authorisation by the Panel.
Non-urgent advice: Trusts signed up to oversight by the EoEIAP
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- East Suffolk and North East Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Queen Elizabeth’s Hospital King’s Lynn
- Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- West Suffolk Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Applications for treatment with immunoglobulins require a completed Immunoglobulin Clinical Approval Request Form prior to treatment (± funding authorisation, depending on the condition to be treated). Complete the form in the corresponding link (below) and submit to the EoE IAP for panel consideration:
All requests for immunoglobulin replacement therapy (in primary or secondary immunodeficiency) should be made using the following form:
All clinical requests to authorisation to the panel should be made to:
- email@example.com - for patients from any member Trust (from an nhs.net account)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - for patients from CUH only (from an addenbrookes.nhs.uk email account only)
All authorised treatment requests require the treating consultant to review the patient’s clinical response in accordance with the specified clinical measures for the indication, or as specified by the panel at the point of approval to treat.
Patients should be informed that panel approval is required before treatment can begin for any Class II-V indications (Class I indications may proceed within defined limits without panel approval). As part of the process of consent to treatment, patients with capacity should be given a copy of the Immunoglobulin Patient Information Leaflet prior to treatment, along with the opportunity to read and ask questions about treatment before treatment proceeds.
The regional (EOE) immunoglobulin treatment guidelines combine the latest guidelines as published by NHS England and the Department of Health, as well as regional standards as specified by the EoE IAP. Local standards include further detail on the approvals required per indication, permission to treat out of hours and the agreed dosing strategies for indications that previously have not been covered by particular guidance. This guidance should be used as the primary reference source by NHS providers in the East of England, and in preference to other documents including those published by commissioners.
Associate Trusts of the EoE IAP agree to adhere to the standards specified by the EoE IAP and to accept the decisions of the EoE IAP as binding. This stance is supported by the medical directors of the Trusts in the East of England.
A pathway exists for a second opinion to be sought from an associate SRIAP (sub-regional IAP). Where the EoE IAP has declined to support treatment with immunoglobulins, please contact email@example.com directly to request a clinical review by an associate SRIAP. Do not submit patient identifiable data to this email address, unless using an addenbrookes.nhs.uk email account OR by writing [secure] in the title of an nhs.net email to ensure the message is encrypted.
Submission of data to the East of England IAP
The following email distribution list should be used for the submission of purchasing data, allocation change requests and other communications of a general nature that do not involve clinical decision making or data that is patient-confidential
- firstname.lastname@example.org - from Trust specific or nhs.net accounts
Regional allocations are monitored by the IAP and a summary of the set allocations can be requested from the regional IVIG coordinator
Non-urgent advice: Downloads
- Clinical Guidelines for Immunoglobulins - East of England IAP Trusts. Last updated July 2020
- EoEIAP - Terms of Reference version 1.4
- EoEIAP - Core Practice Standards
- CUH_IVIG policy and procedure.pdf
- Request for treatment with Immunoglobulin - East of England IAP - Immunomodulation
- Request for immunoreplacement therapy with Immunoglobulin - East of England IAP
- EOEIAP - Immunoglobulin Patient Information Leaflet version 1.0