Pressure makes diamondsGeorge S. Patton Jr
My current role
I work within the vasculitis and lupus team as specialist nurse. My responsibilities as a specialist nurse involve:
- Providing patients with follow-up instructions after clinical review has been completed
- Preparing evaluations of research subjects and tracking follow-up results
- Carrying out study visits and procedures as per study protocol
- Providing support for various clinical research projects and studies
- Ensuring that all project-related data is accurately recorded
- Counselling, administering and following up chemotherapies and other treatments
- Compiling clinical data and identifying any inconsistencies
- Accessing previously collected data for comparisons
- Recruiting and consenting for research projects following ICH and GCP standards
- Ensuring that all research projects conform to applicable standards
- Training in-house support staff for clinical research projects
- Screening and recruiting subjects for various clinical tests as per current ICH/GCP legislations
- Managing telephone and online helpline for urgent and emergent queries
Before joining the vasculitis and lupus team I worked as senior nurse in the wards, mainly in the acute surgical colorectal ward.
Membership and accreditations
I am a member of the RCN.
When I am not working I enjoy playing sports, socializing and travelling.