- Per Hall - Consultant plastic surgeon
- Tariq Ahmad - Consultant plastic surgeon
- Linda Treharne - Consultant plastic surgeon
- Kanwalraj Moar - Consultant plastic and maxillofacial surgeon
- Kana Miyagi - Consultant plastic surgeon
Clinical nurse specialist
A clinical Nurse Specialist is usually the first member of the regional Cleft team that you meet if you have a baby with a cleft lip/palate. We will meet you following diagnosis and referral, whether you have been referred antenatally, or following the birth of your baby. We provide an on call service for new referrals 365 days per year, and can be contacted via the Cleft Office number 01223 596272. Your CNS will introduce themselves to you and will offer you her mobile phone number for you to contact between 9-5 Monday to Friday. If your own CNS is on leave or days off, her mobile phone will divert to another member of the CNS team.
Although based at Addenbrookes Hospital, we offer an outreach service in your local area, including hospital and home visiting. Each CNS offers the specialist nursing service across a defined geographical area within the Eastern Region.
We provide ongoing specialist advice and support regarding your baby's cleft lip and/or palate, from initial diagnosis to the teenage years. We have expert knowledge in feeding assessment and management, pre-and post-operative care, and all other aspects of cleft care.
- Tracey Eddy - Clinical nurse specialist
- Melanie Lindup - Lead clinical nurse specialist
- Lou Harris - Clinical nurse specialist
- Lesley Beckson - Clinical nurse specialist
- Elaine Davidson - Research professional
- Anna Ratcliffe - Clinical nurse specialist
Speech and language therapy
We work with children and adults born with a cleft palate, or difficulties with palate function unrelated to a cleft.
For children born with a cleft palate we monitor progress throughout speech development, with key review points at 18 months, 3 years and 5 years of age. Our aim is to equip children to be confident speakers by the time they start school.
We also liaise closely with local specialist SLTs and services, offering assessment, advice and therapy as needed.
- Caroline Hattee - Lead advanced specialist speech and language therapist
- Georgie Linford - Advanced specialist speech and language therapist
- Lucy Southby - Lead advanced specialist speech and language therapist
- Leah Moors - Advanced specialist speech and language therapist
- Hannah Chandler - Specialist speech and language therapist
Orthodontics and dentistry
- Rowena Rimes - Consultant orthodontist
- Rachael Willis - Consultant orthodontist snd Cleft.Net.East lead
- Jackie Smallridge - Consultant paediatric dentist
We provide psychological assessments and interventions to children, young people and adults with a cleft. We work across the 20 year Cleft care pathway from antenatal diagnosis to adults returning to the service.
We also work with families to support them to adjust to and cope with the practical and emotional demands that can come from living with a cleft and any associated treatment.
Our role is to try to minimise the impact that a cleft lip and/or palate and any associated treatment can have on patients and their families’ lives.
- Karine Edme - Clinical psychologist
- Ellie Wells - Clinical psychologist
- Eliane Young - Lead clinical psychologist
- Briony Westgate - Clinical pyschologist
The Medical Photography team at Addenbrooke’s Hospital specialise in photographing patients to produce accurate images that show their medical condition clearly.
Children born with a Cleft lip and/or palate will be photographed at regular intervals. Key points include before and after surgery, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years and 20 years old, as well as at any other time that your clinician may require photography.
These photographs are used to help preparations for surgery, to track progress of treatment and for audit.
- Abbey Staplehurst - Lead Cleft photographer
- Joe Matthews - Imaging technician
The Administration team comprises of the Cleft Co-ordinator, Secretaries and Activity and Information Manager. The team are the first point of contact for Cleft.NET.East. We are responsible for the co-ordination and booking of appointments, surgeries and for answering queries.
As the hub for the area, we facilitate good communication between families, professionals and the spoke hospitals.
Should you or your child experience any issues that you would like to talk through with someone from the Cleft team, please get in touch with one of the Admin team.
- Troy Pullen - Cleft coordinator
- Tiffany Eagling - Admission coordinator pathway tracker
- Mary Bance - Network manager
- Kirsty Lagadu - Secretary to surgeons
- Juan-Jose Blasco - Data manager
- Sandra Springer - Nursing and psychology secretary