We use the term ‘staff side’ when we talk about the professional bodies and unions that are recognised here. We believe that management and staff side representatives of trade unions share common objectives. We all want to work together for the benefit of patients and employees.
Trade Unions recognised by Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are:
- British Association of Occupational Therapists
- British Dietetic Association
- British Medical Association
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Federation of Clinical Scientists
- Hospital Physicists’ Association
- Royal College of Midwives
- Royal College of Nursing
- Society of Radiographers
- Transport and General Workers Union
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians
Staff side representatives meet around every six weeks to consult on the views of our management and staff members. This consultation is there to foster good employee relationships, which in turn benefit patient services.